February 2, 2010
People Win Big with Daily Kibble!
Daily Kibble proudly announces the winner of our Dinner’s On Us Contest, who won a year’s supply of Holistic Select Dog Food (up to $500 value!):
A Valerie Lagmon and her dog JuLian, of New York, NY.
Daily Kibble also proudly announces the winners of our First Annual Daily Kibble Recipe Contest, each of whom won a $50 ChefShop.com gift certificate (1 for Best Pet Recipe and 1 for Best Human Recipe).
Best Pet Recipe Meredith Cohen and her dogs, Gizmo and Maggie, Fort Worth, TX.
K-9 Mini Meat Loafs
½ pound ground beef
½ cup cooked brown rice
1 carrot shredded
1 stalk of celery finely chopped
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 large egg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing well.
2. Separate the mixture into 8-12 servings depending on the size of your dog.
3. Mold into mini loafs and place on a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Completely cool on a rack before serving
Best Human Recipe
Sara Alavi and her dogs, Darci and Nelly, of Huntsville, AL.
White Chicken Chili
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 large chopped onion
2 pounds cubed chicken
2 teaspoon rosemary garlic
1 14 oz. can of chicken broth
1 14 oz. can of sweet yellow corn
¼ cup salsa
2 teaspoons oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon red crushed pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 cans of northern beans (white beans)
1 cup cheddar cheese (you can substitute with mozzarella)
Optional: 1 cup sour cream. White flour.
1. Saute garlic and onion until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add chicken and rosemary garlic. Cook until chicken is brown. (cooking on lower heat will make the chicken more tender.)
3. In a saucepan, pour chicken broth, corn, salsa, oregano, black pepper, red crushed pepper, chili powder and 1 can of northern beans.
4. Pour the second can of undrained northern beans into a bowl and mash them until most of the beans are in a paste-like state. This will give the chili a thicker consistency. Add this to the chicken broth mixture in the saucepan.
5. Add the garlic, onion and chicken mixture to the saucepan.
6. Add the cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
7. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
8. You can also add 1 cup sour cream or slowly add sifted white flour to thicken the chili.
9. Serve with tortilla chips or bread and Bon Appetit!
Congratulations to all of our winners!